Virtual Court Information
Requirements for Virtual Court:
- A device capable of accessing the internet with a working camera and microphone.
- A fast and stable internet connection.
- You will be required to provide the Court with a working email address and mobile phone number to ensure successful contact with the Court.
- If you do not have access to technology (computer, mobile device, etc.) that allows you to appear remotely. You can utilize one of our Virtual Court stations located at:
Garland Municipal Court
1791 W. Avenue B, 2nd Floor
Garland, TX 75040
- If you don’t have access to technology and you’re unable to utilize a Virtual Court station, or have other reasons you’re unable to attend remotely, you must contact the court prior to your scheduled virtual hearing for alternative accommodations. Email: GarlandCourt@garlandtx.gov
- Enter a Plea of NOT GUILTY and request a trial by judge or trial by jury on a later date.
- Enter a plea of guilty or no contest. Defendants who plead GUILTY or NO CONTEST via the Virtual Appearance have the same opportunities for payment plans, compliance dismissals, driver safety courses, or deferred disposition.
- Request extensions on previously ordered judgements in attempt to satisfy the existing order.
- Resolve existing warrants with options provided by the Judge.
Rules of Court Conduct and Decorum:
Failure to follow these guidelines will prompt the Court Marshal to remove the Defendant from the virtual courtroom until compliance is achieved.
- Proper Court clothing strictly enforced.
- Avoid background noise
- If you are in a noisy environment, please relocate to an enclosed room
- Silence cellphone
- Treat Marshals, Court staff and proceedings with respect at all times.
- Avoid distractions
- DO NOT DRIVE
- Do not smoke, chew gum or eat while attending court
- Do not respond to calls or instant messaging while interacting with the Judge or court staff
- Be Patient
- Technical issues may arise and cause delays
- Virtual appearances may last 30 to 40 minutes
- Do NOT record these proceedings.
ALREADY SCHEDULED FOR A VIRTUAL HEARING:
Select one the link below that corresponds to your hearing notice, to enter the court room.
Log into the Virtual Court Hearing 10 minutes before your scheduled Virtual Hearing, for the check in process.
- If you are ordered to make a payment, you will be required to pay the fee(s) immediately after your Virtual Court appearance. Payments can be made in person at the Court night drop box, lobby clerk windows, over the phone, online, by mail (phone, mail and online payment information below)
- Phone payments: 1-888-604-7888 code for Garland: 7488
- Online payments: https://www.govpaynow.com/gps/user/plc/7488
- Mail payments/Night drop box: 1791 W. Avenue B, Garland, TX 75040
- If the judge refers you to the Compliance department for community service or a payment plan, the compliance officer will contact you. If you have not heard back within 3 days of your hearing, please call 972-487-7368.