Due to public health and safety concerns, for the citizens of Garland and our employees, the Code Compliance Department has temporarily modified some processes:
- We request that you please call ahead if you plan on visiting our office to schedule in-person access at this time.
- Multifamily and Lodging licensing, and Single Family registration applications can still be mailed to 210 Carver Street, Suite 101, Garland, TX 75040, emailed, or faxed to 972-485-6429.
- Check or money orders payments can be mailed to the address above, or;
- Payments can also be made over the phone by calling 972-485-6400.
- While interior inspections have been suspended, Code Compliance will continue to address minimum housing standards at all rental properties.
Should a citizen receive a Notice Of Violation, and need more time to comply, please contact your Code Compliance Officer here.
Senior Lawn Care Waitlist
The City of Garland Code Compliance Department's Senior Lawn Care Assistance Program is currently accepting applications.
This program provides summer mowing for seniors (60 years of age and older) and disabled Garland homeowners who are physically and/or financially unable to maintain their yards to comply with City codes and have no other assistance available.
For more information please go here.
keep storm drains clear and streets beautiful
Allowing the release of yard waste into the street, gutter or storm drain is not only unsightly and bad for our waterways, it is in violation of the City of Garland Code of Ordinance. For more information please go here.
Short Term Rentals in Garland
What are short term rentals? Short term rental means all or part of a residential property that is being rented to a person for less than 14 days. Short term rentals are commonly leased through websites like Airbnb, Vrbo and HomeToGo.
Is it legal to operate a short term rental in Garland? Yes, you can lease your property as a short term rental if you have registered it as a lodging establishment.
If you have questions on how to register your property please contact Code Compliance at 972-485-6400.
Code Compliance consists of four divisions:
- Commercial Standards - Responsible for inspections of exterior commercial properties
- Housing Standards - Responsible for inspections of single family, multi-family and hotel/motel properties
- Neighborhood Standards - Responsible for inspections within residential areas
- Business Operations - Responsible for complaint intake, applications, Code permitting, and licensing, and grant funded programming.