Do it Yourself
Online Resource Tutorials
The Garland Libraries offer on how to use many of our online resources. Learn how to use Value Line, Mango Languages, Testing and Education Reference Center, Chilton Auto Repair and many more. Also included are tutorials on , , , , , , , and .
We have grouped several resource together to make them easier to find:
|Genealogy & History|
|Finance and Investments||Alphabetical List|
- Chilton Automotive
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center
- Home Improvement Reference Center
- SAMS Photofact
- Small Engine Repair
Repair, maintenance, service information and specification tables provide critical data on thousands of domestic and imported models of cars, trucks, vans and SUVs from 1940 onward.
Contains diagnostic trouble codes, descriptions, probable causes, step-by-step routines, specifications, and troubleshooting guides to ensure that even advanced DIYers have all the information they need to complete the repair.
Offers "how-to" instructions for virtually every hobby enthusiast with full text for more than 1,500 leading hobby books and craft magazines that cover Arts & Crafts, Collecting, Home & Garden, Indoor Recreation, Kids' Crafts, Model Building, Needlecrafts & Textiles, and more. Includes a Crafts Spotlight and Featured Video.
Quickfact manuals and Photofact® manuals
- Reliable, consistent repair data, schematics and other service guidelines
- The gold standard in the repair industry for TVs, VCRs, Radios, etc
- For models and/or chassis not covered by SAMS Photofact® manuals or Quickfact manuals, Original Equipment (OEM) owner’s manuals and service manuals are available.
Definitive online tool for small engine repair assistance
- Includes ATVs, commercial mowers, farm tractors, generators, motorcycles, marine (boats), outdoor power equipment, PWC (personal watercraft/jet ski), snowblowers, snowmobiles, tillers and other small engines.
- More than 25 years of an engine model including assistance in providing routine maintenance as well as extensive repairs involving engine and transmission disassembly.